- BA in economy and international business administration.
- MA in project management, with specialization in EU-funded projects.
Previous Work Experience
2008-2011 – Municipality of Jammerbugt (Jammerbugt Ungdomsskole), International Project coordinator. In charge of a portfolio of over 30 international projects and of an office with 7 staff.
2004-2008 – Freelance consultant and fundraiser. Contracts for different organizations, companies and municipalities.
1997-2004 – Secretary General at U-Nettet (the Federation of Municipal Youth Councils in Denmark) and PRESS- Denmark (Safe the Children Youth)
Along with his career Mr. Mortensen has held several honorific offices. Among them can be mentioned:
- European Movement
- Danish National Youth Council (DUF)
- Advisory board on European affairs.
- Nordic Youth Association (Foreningen NORDENs Ungdom)
- National Association of Adult students
- The organization of primary and lower secondary school students (Danmarks Elev Organization)