Strategic Partnership in the VET sector, supported by the EU under the program Erasmus+.
A high percentage of learners in IVET (Initial Vocational Education and Training) are disadvantaged and often lack the soft skills that would be taken for granted by a potential employer. A traineeship can offer young people not only vocation related competence, but can also significantly raise of their aspirations, confidence and motivation. A traineeship abroad for a young person faced with disadvantages, could prove to be a life changing learning opportunity, that can lift them up on a level field with their peers in a competitive labour market.
However, when it comes to host companies, the partners have identified a lack of capacity of their staff to offer high quality work-based learning for disadvantaged students. Many of the companies and their staff lack understanding upon the EU vision with VET mobilities.
On the other hand, the standard documents already developed for VET mobilities do not meet the needs of disadvantaged students.
All of these challenges and needs are addressed by the project “Quality+”.
Aims and Objectives
The project aims to strengthen the quality of work-based learning within VET traineeships, in particular, undertaken by disadvantaged IVET learners.
The aim is addressed through the following objectives
1) Exchange and promote best practices from EU countries in working with WBL for learners with disadvantages through transnational traineeships;
2) Create a pack of Project Management standards that foster quality in transnational VET mobilities, and create value for the learner, the EU, and VET stakeholders;
3) Develop tools to foster the incentive and capacity of companies to act as effective stakeholders in VET learning.
The project will produce two intellectual outputs that strengthen the quality of work-based learning mobilities and enhance their value towards the sending institutions, students, host companies, as well as the donor. The intellectual outputs proposed are:
1) Project Management Standards
2) A Stakeholder Engagement Kit
The intellectual outputs will be developed based on seven factors that enhance the value creation in donor-funded projects and aim at tackling the gaps of the existing project management standards and tools developed for VET mobilities.
The project is implemented by InterCollege in cooperation with:
- InterCollege (UK)
- InterBildung e.V.
- Asociatia de Dezvoltare a Europei prin Tineri – ADEPT
- C4G – Consulting and Training Network, LDA
- Associacao Nacional de Escolas Profissionais
- Kocaeli Il Milli Egitim Mudurlugu